Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Worthy of Note if You Need a Free Firewall

So, recently I reviewed PC Tools Firewall Plus 5.0 for Windows. I'm mentioning it here because I found someone yesterday who had a less effective firewall on her PC on a trial basis, and was going to need to update both because the trial was running out, and because I informed her that somehow she had still managed to become infected with some sort of spyware or malware despite the AV and firewall software she did have installed. I wasn't impressed much in the past with PC Tools' firewall offerings, but I like this one a bit better. Since I've been around the field so long, I'm jaded and expect firewalls to be incredibly feature rich, but when I consider the needs and abilities of the average user I realize they can't really be expected to understand and configure them.

No comments:

Post a Comment